BEFORE you start a transfer process: (done at current registrar)
1. Make sure the domain privacy feature is disabled.
2. Make sure owner contact on domain registration is current and valid.
3. Make sure the domain is UNLOCKED by the current registrar.
4. Make sure you know the transfer code (also known as EPP) authentication code for your domain. (Usually, it can be found in your domain manager at current registrar)
5. Watch for all emails and confirmations until transfer to (Hostica) is verified (by you) and completed. (you may also see these as coming from our registrar)
To begin the transfer process:
1) Go to https://www.hostica.com/
2) Select Domains - Select Transfer Domain
3) Input your domain name WITHOUT the www. prefix
4) Fill out all the forms, add to cart, check out.
What will happen next:
1) Our registrar partner will email the administrative contact, asking to confirm the transfer. If the transfer is not confirmed it will fail.
2) After confirming, the transfer goes to the registrar for approval. This generally takes a little time and is usually done the same day the transfer is confirmed.
3) The transfer goes to your previous registrar for approval. This takes the most time, usually around 7 days before they will release it.
4) Your domain name will require owner email verification. You will be sent an email to confirm the email address that is on record as the owner contact. This is an ICANN verification that is required by all registrars to complete and submit to ICANN. This is NOT the transfer confirmation and is a separate process done for your protection. ICANN will shut down your domain name if it is NOT verified.
Once the transfer is complete, Hostica (and our registration partner) will be your new registrar, and another year will be added to your registration.
.uk domains require a "TAG" to transfer (you can find the "TAG" by doing a "WhoIs" lookup on your domain name.)