If you need to login to your web server using an FTP client, you first need your login credentials. The information is sent to you when you first sign up via email. If you have lost this information or have configured other FTP accounts, here is how to find the information.
Your password will be the same password as your control panel password for the default account. Any new accounts will have custom passwords which if forgotten will need to be changed in the FTP manager which we give instructions below on how to access.
Your hostname will be ftp.yourdomain.com (Your domain name with .ftp as the prefix in the url).
NOTE: alternate hostname: cp.providersite.net
For your username:
1. log into the Hostica Web Hosting Control Panel and go to cPanel
2. In the Files section select FTP Accounts Bottom option in the picture below).
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see a list of all FTP accounts with access to your hosting account.
In the login column, you will see your FTP account usernames.
RESET FTP PASSWORD:
1. select FTP Accounts:
2. on ftp accounts page, scroll down to change password
3. change password
4. create a new password or reset it back to the original. use "change password" to save